11/24/13

A rainbow in my pocket

My brother and I used to collect these square little cards of rainbows when they were handed out on the streets of Provincetown.  They were our childhood's trading cards, kind of like today's Pokémon, but with very little commercial tie-in and free!  I would give a good bit to have one back.  If you are like me, there is so much of your childhood that you've either heaved voluntarily or lost somewhere along the way.  To me rainbows symbolize the transience of the moment, of childhood itself, a feeling I've tried to capture in my book. Thanks to Randy Blaustein for posting it. You can see it on my Pinterest board here. What image sends you a "blast from the past"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions and will do my best to answer in a reasonable time, though working on my next novel has to come first.