1/19/15

Whatcha reading? Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

If you had asked me before I started this book, I would have definitely said I don’t read erotica. Or maybe I am a total prude, and this doesn’t even qualify as erotica, but still! I thought this was straight-up YA, contemporary YA with two orphans on the run heading to Miami in search of a better life for themselves, and it is that, but it is also s-t-e-a-m-y (and not just because it’s Miami).

Kacey and Livie Cleary want to escape the horror of the drunk-driving accident that claimed their parents as well as Kacey’s best friend and boyfriend; somehow they rent an apartment in Miami online from Michigan and relocate there, despite Livie being a minor. There have been a number of “somehows” so far, to my view anyway, but once I decided to look past them, I do enjoy the girls’ adventures in their new city, including their eclectic neighbors and assorted employments. One of said neighbors, Trent, is the hottest, nicest, most mysterious guy on the planet and unaccountably interested in Kacey the scowler; have you guessed the mystery yet? I’ll have to wait and see if I’m right, while I get another cold drink. And plug in a fan. And maybe hit the showers.

If you want to see my rating once I finish, you can follow me on Goodreads. I rate every book I read.

http://www.katuckerbooks.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions and will do my best to answer in a reasonable time, though working on my next novel has to come first.